Are you a woman between ca. 20 and 35 years old who would like to give a year of service to the Catholic Church in Norway? Then you should consider volunteering at St. Katarinahjemmet!
- Room and board
- Good experience of the Catholic Church’s various activities and operations
- A broad range of work experience
- A good environment in which to live
- Fellowship of prayer
You give us
- 2 – 12 months of your life, whereof:
- 18 hours per week are devoted to working in the convent’s guest house and student home
- 10 hours (minimum) per week are devoted to other church-related work (*)
(*Read more about this at the bottom of the page.)
It is not possible to combine volunteer work with studies or paid work. Notwithstanding, those with university admission certification are able to audit courses in Catholic theology at the Norwegian School of Theology (MF).
Could this be for you?
Please send us a written application and include the following information:
- Why you would like to volunteer
- Work experience
- Language proficiencies
- Your educational background
- Preferences for volunteering above and beyond the hours spent with us
- Requested time frame
Other Church-related work can be
- Working in a parish:
catechesis (religious education), church ushering, church coffee, parish newsletter publication, child- and youth work, visiting the elderly or sick, prison visits, etc.
- Working for Young Catholics of Norway (NUK)
- Working for Fransiskushjelpen (Franciscan Aid Foundation): visiting, ministering to the sick and/or bereaved, outreach work.
For more information
Contact Sr. Ane-Elisabet Røer op